Sunday, March 22, 2009

Surrounded by Love

I just LOVE the sentiment that goes with this cuppie image from Taylored Expressions Sweet Spring

I stamped the image and sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White cardstock and cut it out with rectangle Nestabilities. I picked up these fun MME Bloom & Grow papers when I was in Calgary and I thought the colours would be perfect for the jelly bean. 
I stamped the image again onto the patterned papers and paper pieced the jelly bean bag and the cuppie liner. The rest of the image is coloured with copics. I realize now that I didn't add any bling to the image, but I really don't think it needs it. 

The layout uses SC220 from Splitcoast. I knew I'd have a tough time deciding which papers to use so this sketch was perfect...I cut into several of the papers and used a smidge of each piece. The patterned panels are layered onto chocolate chip then I stitched around the edge with my Janome Sew Mini. 

The image is layered onto kiwi kiss, then a scallop of chocolate chip. I added three buttons to the bottom corner...it just seemed kinda naked without any embellishments. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

This looks FANTASTIC, Karen! I love all the papers put together this way, and THANKS for including the Copics you used to color the cuppie...I think I need E41, E42 and E43 for my cuppie coloring. Looks GREAT!!

Leslie said...

Lovely colours! I'm feeling hungry.....I need some jelly beans!

Cathy said...

Adorable! (What are you doing up so early on a Sunday, anyway)?

Dawn Easton said...

Karen, this is adoarble! Love the paper piecing! Hey...next time you are in Calgary...tell me...I'll drive down and meet up with ya! LOL

Anonymous said...

I loved this sketch too! And yours is great, where did you get that paper here???

jacque4u2c said...

Just fun!

Janet said...

great card! i love it:) See you SOON:)
hugs

Norine said...

this is super cute love the saying
Hugs
Norine

Christyne said...

OMGosh! STINKIN' CUTE!!! You need to stamp some for me and send them my way...PRETTY PLEASE???

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh Karen, this is adorable! I love the way you paper pieced a little paper bag...never would have thought of that, and it's so fabulous! Great card...love that sketch!

Unknown said...

Cutie cutie CUTE! I just love this!