Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sweet Sunday Spring

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC180.
I went with a spring theme and added a little green to my card in honour of St. Patrick's Day. I chose Inspired by the Front Porch - Spring from My Favorite Things. The big porch image is the perfect size for the main panel on this sketch.

I stamped it with Memento Espresso Truffle ink, so it's a dark brown/black colour, onto Whip Cream card stock. I inked around the edges with MFT Kraft Premium Dye Ink...love this ink for so many things including inking around edges. The patterned papers are from the Crate Paper Portrait Collection and I also used Kraft card stock. The "spring" sentiment was stamped with Memento Pistachio ink and I used the Small Scallop Border Die-namics to cut out the Kraft scallop strip along the bottom of the card.
I didn't quite follow the sketch for the circle element at the top because I really wanted to use a button. So I used a circle punch to cut a notch out of the image (conveniently that was open space on the image anyway) and added an Orange Fizz button tied with Hemp Cord.
On the inside I stamped the tulips from Inspired by the Front Porch - Spring with Kraft Premium Dye Ink.
I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Lynn Put (she's taking this week off)
Wendy Bond ***** our superstar guest designer *****
Here are the supplies I used:

Pin It
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I love the green for St Paddy's Day and the little button cut out is fab! You all are thinking alike today. I'm just slapping my forehead! haha! Gorgeous card my friend!

Dawn Easton said...

Karen, this is beautiful!!! Now I'm wishing I'd added that set to my order. Darn!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super sweet Karen, love that front porch image and the button looks awesome!! I totally forgot that element at the top when making my card!!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super sweet Karen, love that front porch image and the button looks awesome!! I totally forgot that element at the top when making my card!!!!

wendy said...

terrific :)

Tracy said...

Simply gorgeous Karen! I wish I would have thought making a cut out like you did. Your da bomb diggity bomb, girl!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen!!! You and Pedro are brilliant for your button idea, love that and will totally be using it! Awesome card GF!

Dana White said...

Kar this is gorgeous. Love the button

Danni said...

Fabulous!

Lori said...

Just beautiful! Love how you used the button as an embellishment here.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

first time visiting..so pretty. love MFT
bibiana

Heather Rogers said...

So very pretty! Love the orange button and the stamped inside. :)

Kellie 0:) said...

Love the simplicity and your gorgeous papers. TFS