Friday, March 1, 2013

Million Little Things

I'm back today with the card I created for the final Love Fest challenge at Splitcoast, "A Love To DIE For". When I first found out how many days of challenges there would be I made it my goal to play along with each one, before the deadline. And I did it! My cards were uploaded to Splitcoast by Feb 24th but I ran out of days on my blog to post my creations, which explains why these last couple are slightly late.
I used RS51 for the layout which inspired me to choose a sentiment from Clearly Sentimental about Friendship from My Favorite Things. I started with a card base of Whip Cream then added a layer of Sno Cone and Steel Grey. The graph paper is from the Pebbles Seen and Noted collection.
I stamped the sentiment using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. Then I used the Paper Doll Girl Border Die-namics to cut out the Kraft, Orange Fizz, and Blu Raspberry dolls and lined them up below the sentiment. I wanted a little bling on the card so I added a row of green rhinestones.
Then I moved onto the three embellishments. I tried a combination of different things, flowers, butterflies, sequins...but nothing seemed to look as good as three simple coloured buttons in Orange Fizz, Sour Apple and Blu Raspberry. I tied them with Hemp Cord.
Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GF! This is awesome, I love the buttons matching the peeps! Wicked!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so super cute!

Mary J said...

That's so darn clever, Karen! I love this card!

Karen Giron said...

This is fabulous! I love the little blue and orange peeps along the bottom and the buttons are the perfect touch!

Ann R. said...

I love this card. I want to make it! I don't see the inside sentiment shown on the stamp set. Am I missing it? Thanks for sharing!

Jana said...

Adorable!