Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 2-From the Heart

Today is another day of sneak peeks at Taylored Expressions. The new stamps will be available in the TE Store starting Thursday, November 4th.

We're sharing a little something From the Heart with you...all kinds of fun images and From the Heart Funnies to coordinate, along with a fabulous coordinating From the Heart Frame die...delish!!!

I decided to use the percolator image and paired it with a big ol' bag of coffee beans. Wouldn't you love to receive a gift like this? It'll keep perking you up for days!!! (sorry...just couldn't resist that one!). Actually though, Perk Up! is one of the sentiment in From the Heart Funnies but I couldn't seem to find space to fit it into my project today.

I stamped the percolator with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured it with copics then cut it out. Next I stamped the round sentiment onto one of the patterned papers from KI Memories Paisley Parade and punched it out with my 1 3/4" circle punch. Then I layered everything onto some suede brown dark that I cut out with the new From the Heart Frame die. I pierced around the orange circle and added two Tiny Twinkles for some sparkle. The green borders are punched with my deco scallop border punch then I added some stitching and caribbean satin ribbon. The layout for the card is TESC132.

For the belly band on the coffee bag I simply replicated the card layout, minus a few details, and adhered it directly to the bag of beans. Quick, easy and so much prettier than the coffee label that was on the bag.

Now let's go see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen created with From the Heart, From the Heart Funnies and the From the Heart Frame die.
I'll see you back here tomorrow for another day of sneak peeks!
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Taylor said...

Super fun, Karen! I love the bright, cheerful color combination! And love how you added little rhinestones in the sentiment ring... perfect little detail!

Rose said...

Love your card and bag o' beans. I am a true coffee drinker and prefer to grind my beans every morning, great gift idea. I have several friends that like to grind their own as well. I'll be out bean shopping shortly. Adorable gift ensemble.

Danni said...

Oh how happy and fun!! Great projects!!

Jodi Collins said...

FUN FUN FUN my friend! The colors are SO bright and delish! I ADORE this...yeah, uh huh!!

Regina Mangum said...

Karen, this is so FABULOUS! It just makes me HAPPY. XOXO

Melissa Sauls said...

ROFL! Ok, I laughed out loud when you wrote, "it'll keep perking you up for days." So true!!! Beautiful job and I love all the fun bright colors you chose. I think the bag is "perky" in itself, HAR HAR! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What an adorable gift set Karen!