Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Family and Friends...nothing stampy.

I'm starting to catch my breath after having company from Sept 25th until November 3rd. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE it when people come to visit, and my family and friends are low maintenance so they made themselves right at home at the Motz Motel. My parents were here for three weeks (one of which we went to Vegas for a side-trip) then Leslie and Cheryl arrived for four days, then Dana arrived for a week. There was just enough time between visitors for housekeeping (aka: me) to get the rooms refreshed and all the linens cleaned. I even folded the toilet paper to a point just for extra oomph! LOL!!! Anyway, I thought I'd share a few pics.

Here's my mom & dad on the observation deck of the Eiffel Tower in Vegas. Aren't they cute!!!

Cheryl and I with our Mike's Pastry goodies.

Cheryl and Leslie after their Bare Escentuals makeovers. Don't they look glamourous?!?

Cheryl, Leslie and I just before we flew to Plymouth for lunch. My flight instructor was with us too. Cheryl's got all the fun details of the flight here.

Leslie and Cheryl in the plane as we're flying along. I think they put on those brave smiles for my instructor! LOL!!!

Dana and I went on a road trip to Hoboken to visit Carlo's Bake Shop, home of the Cake Boss.

Dana and I having lunch at a tavern down the block from Carlo's.

Then we crossed Manhattan and headed to Jodi's on Long Island to visit with her and Ann. I couldn't resist toasting with Edward in her stamp room. Can you believe she has this good looking guy looking over her shoulder when she stamps!

Me, Jodi, Ann and Dana in Jodi's stamp room (aka: the Holy Grail) before heading out for dinner. I think some of Jodi's creativity may have infused me via osmosis...at least I'm hoping so!!!

My house seems so empty and quiet now...miss you all!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Leslie said...

We interrupt this program - GLEE - to say.....I miss you too! LOVE the photos and what a fabulous top you're wearing with Edward! Ah, fun times that went far too quickly. I'll be booking in again at the Motz Motel, don't you worry. Love the pic of your Mum & Dad - you look just like your Dad :)

Janet said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww looks like you had a fantastic couple of weeks!! I need to make a trip to Motz motel in the new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugs

Ann Kranitz said...

Awww what great pictures!!!! I miss you too!!!! Jods and I have to plan a road trip to the Motz 5 star Motel!!!

The Only Girl said...

I would stay at the Motz Motel everyday if I could. They have such great coffee and shower foam there! And don't even get me started on the garment steamer! Although there is some peer pressure shopping that takes place. Also? Kar-Air is the best airline I've ever flown/panicked with. Miss you!

Helen said...

I know Leslie and that is NOT a smile on her face. That is a terrified grimace!!! Wasn't she brave? She's come a LONG way with her fear of flying!!

Jodi Collins said...

ACK! How CUTE your parents are Saucy! LOVE all the pics! It was SO fun to have you guys here...I can't wait until next time!!
Edward misses you and sends his love!

Carolina said...

What great pics...thanks so much for sharing! Looks like although it was crazy busy you had a great time!

THANK YOU for my get well card! I opened it today and it brought such a huge smile to my face. My sis was over hanging with me and we both said Ahhhh...Love it girlie - big hugs!!!