Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Buzzin By...

Gosh I've been a slacker blogger with no posts since Sunday. I think the gorgeous summer weather has stolen my mojo because I have no desire to spend any time in my stamp room. Well that, and I've taken up a new hobby...I'm taking flying lessons so I can get my private pilot's licence!!!! It's soooo much fun!!!!

Anyway, for my card today I dug out sweet little Buzzy Huggabugg...the entire Huggabugg collection from Stamping Bella is so adorable, but this little guy spoke to me last night. I used Mercy's Tuesday sketch, MTSC80, for the layout.

Buzzy is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Bella's Bestest Cream paper and coloured with copics. I mixed and layered blues and greens to get the colour of his hat and pants...that's the fun of copics! I added sparkle with a couple of Spica glitter pens then cut him out. I adhered him to a circle of Prism Sunflowers Medium, going for a little bit of a "sun" look. The patterned papers are My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary and I used my MS Modern Garland punch along the bottom. A couple of Bonbons finish the card nicely.

Did you see the Stamping Bella release on Monday? So many fun new images to play with and you'll find them all in this post!!! AND, Em's put the entire store on sale at 20% off until July 3rd in honour of her birthday. Enter the code emily38 at checkout.

And don't forget to play along with this week's Bellarific Friday Challenge - Square Cards!!! Email a picture of your card using Stamping Bella images to Em by Thursday night to be included in the Friday round-up.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

This is DARLING, Karen!! Love those huggabugs!!!

Valentina Harper said...

Thanks for your comment in my blog! I'm soo happy for being part of the Stamping Bella world :)
It's going to be fun!

Danni said...

Flying lessons? Oh my!! How totally cool!!
This is one fabulous card, love it!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh so DARLING! :)

Leslie said...

How cute you used Buzzy Huggabugg - 'cause you, too, are flying! Cute card my friend!

Donna MacDonald said...

Super adorable, Karen!