Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thank You, Teacher

Last month I made a bunch of teather thank you cards and gave them to my friend. Well, as Murphy's Law would have it, my sister-in-law called last week asking if I had a couple of cards her boys could give to their teachers at the end of the year...doh!

Of course I couldn't say no, so I broke out my Make the Grade and Extra Credit sets from Taylored Expressions again.

I used TESC113 for the layout because it gave me a great opportunity to use several of the fun images in these sets. The images are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and coloured with copics. I used my white gel pen to write the 'thank you' on the black board. The main image is cut out with circle Nestabilities and layered onto a Big Scallop Circle of Prism blush red dark.

I cut out the smaller images by hand and popped them using foam tape onto squares of Prism island mist dark. The patterned papers are from the Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend mini deck and I ran the pencil paper through my swiss dots Cuttlebug folder for dimension before stitching it to the Prism classic yellow-green layer. I figured it was ok to add some Crystal Twinkles to the scallops along the bottom because their teachers are women.

Today some of the Baker's Dozen are showcasing the monthly Key Ingredients subscription kit so be sure to pop over to Taylor's blog for all the details!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

Danni said...

Fab card!! reminds me I best get busy on my teacher cards!!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Cute.

Kathy Martin said...

Super duper cool school card! :)