Monday, May 24, 2010

Christmas, Bella Style!

Happy Monday!!! I'm doing my best to stay on track with my Christmas-card-a-week and for this week's card I used my new JingleBella image from Stamping Bella. Isn't she just so cute in her little Santa suit?!?

I stamped JingleBella with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Bella's Bestest Cream Paper and coloured her with copics. I added sparkly berries with my red Spica glitter pen and gave her furry trim with white liquid applique that I sprinkled with Glamour Dust before heating. There's also a little sparkle on the tree thanks to yellow and pitch black Spica glitter pens. The layout for this card is SSS54, an older sketch from the Sweet Stop blog and I used the mirror image of the sketch.

The patterned papers are from my much loved October Afternoon Good Cheer 8x8 pad...I've gotten a lot of mileage from that pad of patterned paper lately! I ran the sentiment circle through my swiss dots Cuttlebug folder to help it stand out a little because I didn't want to layer it with another colour. I'm really happy with the embellishments on this card...the ghost snowflake topped with a marble Bella Dot and the groupings of three ruby red Bonbons add just the right touch, IMHO.  :)

Don't forget to play along with this week's Bellarific Friday challenge...For the Boys/Men. Create a masculine themed project using Stamping Bella images and email your submission to Em by Thursday evening to be included in the Friday round-up. You might win some Bella Bucks just for playing along!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Saucy! She is SO fun and the papers are PERFECTION!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Fantastic card, Miss Karen!!! Love the patterned paper!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Festive! Funny to think of Christmas with the fan on and the humid air outside! Great card...love the stuff you put on the Santa suit cuffs.

Ann Kranitz said...

Oh Karen, this is really great. Love all the fun details!!

Leslie said...

Yes, JingleBella is cute! Great colouring and love her fur trimmed suit!

Janet said...

awwwwwwwwww what a cute card!! love this bella!
hugs

jjcreations said...

Love the fluffy trimming.

Crafty Cath said...

At least YOU are keeping up with your Christmas creations. I told myself to do that this year and I have zippo done! This card is wonderful. I love the fur trim and can't wait to get out of work to go home and give it a try!