Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Places You'll Go sneak peek

It's sneak peek time at Taylored Expressions!!! Today the Baker's Dozen is showing you projects with the brand new quarterly charitable set for the TE Giving Tree, The Places You'll Go. I really love the quotes and images in this set and I know you will too...they're so versatile! I've already made a graduation card, a cute notecard for one of my nephews and a fun mini book.

Every three months the TE Giving Tree charitable program supports a different charity and Taylored Expressions designs a stamp set with that charity in mind. The Places You'll Go is packed with wonderful storybook quotes and coordinating images and when you purchase this set in September, October and November, you'll be helping to support the Books for Kids Foundation. Their mission is to promote literacy among all children with a special emphasis on low-income and at-risk preschool-aged children. Books for Kids creates libraries, donates books, and partners with literacy programs to develop the critical early foundation and skills which young children need to be successful in life. For each The Places You'll Go set sold during the quarter, Taylored Expressions will donate $7.00 to the Books for Kids Foundation. I'd like to remind you that in order to maximize the donation from each set, you'll need to trim the stamps from the rubber sheet, so be sure to pick up some fab new scissors when you order The Places You'll Go.

Here's my first card.
Don't you just love that grad cap balloon! All the supplies on each of my projects today are from The Places You'll Go Key Ingredients. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and coloured it with copics. Then I cut it out with circle Nestabilities. The layout is Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #80, TESC80. I layered some of the solid Prism papers with the My Mind's Eye patterned paper, stamped the quote, and added some ribbon and buttons. The quote is "Congratulations! Today is your day. You're off to Great Places! You're off and away! - Dr. Seuss".

Next I created a fun mini book.
This little chipboard book could be used for so many different things. Maybe a book of dreams and aspirations, a place to gather memories for your "bucket list" in life, or even just to whip up a quick memory book of a road trip. Again, all supplies are from The Places You'll Go Key Ingredients. The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, coloured with copics and cut out with long rectangle Nestabilities. I sewed around the edge for a little interest then added some buttons. I covered the front and back of the book with patterned paper then ran some yellow through my swiss dots cuttlebug folder for the spine. A little crystal Stickles on the mountains added the perfect finishing touch. This quote reads "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss".

My last card was a blast...bwah ha ha!!! Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one!
The image is again stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. I cut out the space ship and popped it for dimension. The layout was quite simple so I jazzed it up with a little zig zag stitching, some twill and more buttons. You can't see in the photo, but I added a layer of clear Glaze pen on the window of the space ship...cute! This quote is "I love you right up to the moon-and back. -from Guess How Much I Love You".

Here are the copics I used on these projects.
Phew...that was a lot to say. Now I'm off to see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen created with this versatile The Places You'll Go stamp set and coordinating Key Ingredients which will be available at Taylored Expressions on Saturday, September 5th.

I'll be back tomorrow with sneak peeks from two more new sets!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

17 comments:

Taylor said...

These are super duper cute, Karen! And you're too funny... glad you had a "blast" with this set!

Jodi Collins said...

Pure Saucy-ness ALL the way on these Karen! LOVE LOVE all of them, but the book is simply fabulous!!! I "had a blast" with this set too! You are too cute!

Donna Baker said...

fabulous cards & book, Saucy! I love your coloring as usual and your layouts ROCK

Jami said...

Look at you go Girl! 3 really awesome projects!

Janet said...

wow how cool!! i think i am gonna like this set!!
hugs

Karen Giron said...

Oooooh, I love the idea of a bucket list for the chipboard book - how fun is that? Your cards are just darling!!

Denise Marzec said...

My goodness, girl, you were BUSY! These are ALL awesome!! :)

Sharon Harnist said...

Yes, I adore that darling balloon image, too, Karen and you colored it beautifully! What a darling card and your chipboard book is wonderful as well -- love the colors you chose for it!

Jackie Pedro said...

These are all awesome, Karen!! Thank you for the warm welcome!!

jacque4u2c said...

Yes, I can tell you had a great time creating this stuff! They are just awesome!

Sankari W. said...

I seriously seriously am just amazed by your work Karen!!! (and they do have saucieness all over them!! LOVE that first card with the Balloon Grad and the paper piercing! Beautiful! ANd the last card with the rocket ship (which the coloring of is fantastic!) is beautiful! LOVE the stitching on the sides ! so yummy!!! But my fave is the minitbook - so many lovely details and most of all - just the idea of a bucket list book is so inspiring (and ps - you could always take that road trip to Iowa!!!!) :) You are such an inspiration!!!
Sending you big hugs!
lots of love,
Sankari :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

Absolutely darling-both of them! This is a really exciting set for me-I love quotes and even more when they're Dr. Seuss and reading inspired. This is a must have for me!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a fabulous group! Beautiful designs and colours! Wonderful!

Patricia Garcia said...

Oh my this I must get, great examples and awesome as always!!

hugs
Patricia

Norine said...

love all of them the designs and colors awesome
Hugs
Norine

Ann Kranitz said...

Karen, all your projects are super adorable!! Your coloring is so amazing!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are just fabulous, Karen! I LOVE them all!