Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lulu for Mercy

My BFF Dana packed a few stamps in her suitcase, some that I don't own, so I'm taking full advantage and using her stuff! She brought along Gertie Lulu, a Stamping Bella image that I don't own...yet, and I thought she'd work nicely with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #38.

I started by stamping Gertie with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Bella's Bestest Paper then I cut her out with Labels 4 Nestabilities. I coloured her with copics and used my pink Spica Glitter pen to add a little shimmer to the bottom of her dress.

I chose a pretty floral pattern from my Basic Grey Lemonade 6x6 paper pack and paired it with some Prism papers. I added a little texture with my Textile Cuttlebug embossing folder then tied some ribbon and used my Bow Easy for the sweet bow. I added a ghost butterfly to accent the image and outlined it with Crystal Stickles to make it stand out a little more.

Don't forget about this week's Bellarific Friday challenge. You'll find the sketch by clicking here, and you have until Thursday night to email your card to Em.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Leslie said...

So cute!!! Love the ghost butterfly and how you "glitterfied" it!

Shannan Teubner said...

OMG Sistah this is too cute!! LOVE IT!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card! I haven't gotten any of these stamps, but I think I need some! :)

Patricia Garcia said...

Oh she's so cute, great card!!

Hugs
Patricia

Unknown said...

karen...this is drop dead gorgeous! love the color combo, and your coloring is amazing!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week,and i hope to see you again next week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Anonymous said...

I hope you and your friend are having a great time!! Not too many glasses of vino ok! You two are good together, the mojo is working for you both!

Cindy Haffner said...

Adorable, love that stamp.

Mandalika said...

This is so cute and I love the bright colours. Great card!

Cheryl said...

How cute is this one Karen?! Love the bright, bold colors, and you did a fantastic job coloring...love that perfect bow too!

Emily said...

Holy Moley Karen! You've been a busy girl while I was away. Love all the cards you've posted over the past 4 or 5 days! Those Halloween cards and the candy bottles are absolutely adorable!! This card is so bright and cheery! I've had my eye on that Basic Grey paper for a while now. I've got to pick some up soon before it disappears. Love the ghost butterfly too! I finally got some of those ghost snowflakes. Good thing I'm taking my laptop on our two week vacation coming up next week so I can keep an eye on what you're doing:))

Pam Varnell said...

This is super cute Karen. Very classy. Thanks so much for playing along with us on the sketch challenge. Hugs!!