Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cookie Love






My new goodies from Stamping Bella arrived yesterday and I was itching to get stamping after being away from my ink for five days. I pulled up Taylor's Cupcake Challenge from Friday and decided to use the sketch with my new Cookie Love stamp. It's not a cupcake, but cookies are just as good, in my opinion, especially chocolate chip cookies! YUM!

I stamped the cookies with Memento black onto Gina K pure luxury cardstock and coloured it with copics. I added some turquoise Stickles to the blue scallop on the plate. The image is cut out with nesties and layered onto a scallop of chocolate chip.

The patterned papers are from My Mind's eye. I layered each pattern onto some chocolate chip. I pierced around the blue piece and sewed around the base piece. Three turquoise Bella Bonbons add a little bling to the left side of the card. I glued them right over the polka dots on the patterned paper...made it a no-brainer to line them up. {giggle!}

Just colouring this image makes me want to go bake some cookies. Aren't they the absolute best when they're still warm from the oven and the chocolate is still soft and melty. Yumalicious!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen


9 comments:

Christina Hill said...

Love the cookies. Very sweet. :)

Leslie said...

Yummy is right - chocolate chip warm out of the oven are THE best! So is your card :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun, so yummy love it.

Erin Bigler said...

I think the cookies are a GREAT twist on the cupcake challenge. Love your dp, too. FANTASTIC card!!!

jacque4u2c said...

Just beautiful! I love the variations of stiching you used, mixing the straight and zig-zag - very nice detail.

Norine said...

very nice card love the stiching
Hugs
Norine

Janet said...

this card is yummy!! Does that mean when i come see you we are going to bake choco.chip cookies??? ;) hee hee
hugs

Anonymous said...

You are making me hungry, I love cookies!

chica21b said...

This is so cute!! Love your card.