Thursday, February 12, 2009

Butterfly Kisses



It's been a few days since I used any Bella stamps, so it was high time to ink one up. I've had this sweet Butterfly Kisses (Alice in Paris) stamp from Stamping Bella for a while now, so I decided to use it cause I still have a few Valentine's to make for friends {groan! yes...they'll be late...but my friends would expect nothing less}.  :)

I chose the layout for this week's Mojo Monday sketch #73. Alice is stamped with Memento black onto Gina K pure luxury and coloured with copics. You can see in the detail picture that I added shimmer to the butterflies with  some Bella Liquid Watercolour Glitter. I created the opening for the ribbon with my SU horizontal slot punch because I didn't want the opening to be too large. But I used my word window on the chocolate layer underneath because it's hidden so precision wasn't an issue. 

The card base is Gina K 120lb pure luxury followed by a layer of Basic Grey Sugared patterned paper. My focal image is so large that I didn't have enough room for a layer of chocolate under the patterned paper so I inked the edges instead with Memento Rich Cocoa, to give it a little definition. I ran the Pink Pirouette piece (say that 10 times fast!) through my D'vine Swirls cuttlebug folder. 

For embellishments, I cut out a flower from one of the other Sugared patterned pieces and layered a 10mm Strawberry Parfait Bella dot in the centre. I finished off the details with three 5mm Strawberry Parfait Bella dots on the left side. I LOVE that most of Em's emBELLAshments are available in two sizes!

It's so windy here today...a good day to stay inside and stamp. Apparently I have a couple more Valentine's to make so I can at least get them in the mail before Feb 14th..LOL! And, my mom's birthday is next week...gotta get going on that one too. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!

Janet said...

such a darling card!!

Anonymous said...

I love this one, it is super cute!

Anonymous said...

OH MY Lordy! This is so dang cute. Love the image. LOVE the papers you put together. It's wicked.

Anonymous said...

Oh and feel free to use my saying~~"I am a card maker, not a card giver". Then there is no pressure to get anything in the mail. LOL!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Great take on the MOJO Monday layout!!! The ribbon is divine and your coloring is SO PERFECT!! TFS... Smiles! :)