Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hello {MFTWSC124}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 124.

At first glance this week's sketch really scared me but then I broke it down into layers and it really wasn't so bad after all. It is called a sketch challenge, after all. ;-)


I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then added a layer of Kraft. I stamped the zig zag image from Spring Backgrounds with white chalk ink all over the Kraft layer.

For the main panel I used the new Happy Hellos Die-namics to cut out the Sweet Tooth hello. I adhered it to a strip of Steel Blue then covered it with Stickles and added some Glossy Accents once the Stickles were dry.

I used the Mini Monarch Border Die-namics to cut out the Berrylicious accent then stitched in place along the bottom edge of the sentiment panel. In the background I used the Open Scallop Circle Doily Die-namics to cut out the Sweet Tooth circle and the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics for the Berrylicious flag. The Rectangle 1 STAX Die-namics were perfect for cutting out the Orange Fizz rectangle then I used another image from Spring Backgrounds to stamp the flowers with Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink.

I cut the flower from corrugated cardboard using the Pretty Posies Die-namics and added an Orange Fizz button tied with Hemp Cord.

On the inside I added a sentiment from All Smiles, stamping it with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.

Here are all the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. This week's keyword is MFTWSC124. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) one random winner will receive up to a $20 gift voucher!

Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Julie said...

Well, I think your card is lovely. Even with the layers and angles, it still seems clean somehow. I like it.

Lisa H. said...

I have been drooling over this card all day. LOVE the colors and texture and all your gorgeous stitching. this is awesome, karen!

wendy said...

fab colors, textures and fun elements!

Amy Rohl said...

Perfection! Love the colors and the pop of Orange Fizz!! You nailed it, Karen!

Leslie said...

Yes, this sketch scared me too but I'm not as brave as you...no card yet :)

Anonymous said...

Wicked card GF! I am going to attempt it right now!