Wednesday, September 19, 2012

You're a Classic {MFTWSC90}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 90.


I decided to go the masculine route with my card today and created a birthday card for one of the upcoming "guy" birthdays in my family.

I used At the Movies Stamps and Die-namics and flipped the sketch to work with the sentiment. I inked the words with Versafine Onyx Black and I love how crisp the lines are. For the arrow I used Versamagic Red Magic and for the yellow dashed line I used Versamagic Thatched Straw. The big negative was cut from Black Licorice card stock.

I used the Mini Film Strip Die-namics to cut out two Sweet Tooth strips and the Star STAX Die-namics was perfect for the big Red Hot star. I used the Stacking Stars Die-namics to cut out the smaller star and added a Lemon Drop button tied with Hemp Cord. The patterned paper is from the Authentique Celebrate collection

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the set and added a row of numbers for a little more detail. Once I decide just who this card is for I think I'll circle the proper numbers in red marker, or cross off the numbers that don't apply.

Here are the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC90. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!

Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Sherrie said...

Love how you turned the sketch and made it go perfectly with this set!

Colleen Begley said...

Oh, I like this one! Great inspiration for a masculine card. The pop of red is perfect too.

wendy said...

terrific card, love the colors and added stars...thanks for a fantastic lunch date today...great meeting up with you :)

Winnie said...

Just awesome! Love the colors together and the fun layout and the filmstrip! Just so fun!

Karen Giron said...

LOVE the blue and black and your masculine card - truly AMAZING!

Melody said...

Cute! The sketch looks great flipped!

Leslie said...

That made me LOL! Your 'flipped' card is fantastic :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is a super cute design, love it