Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Noel {MFTWSC83}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 83.

I decided to add to my Christmas card stash today. So this will make card #24 for Project Christmas 2012.


I loved this card that Lisa Johnson made a few weeks ago, so I shamelessly cased her idea for the Star STAX Die-namics. I used patterned papers from the Lilybee Designs Jingle tiny tablet to cut out the stars, and I paired them with Kraft and Whip Cream card stocks. I used my Circle 2 STAX Die-namics to cut out the burlap circle.

The sentiment is from Merry and Bright...an awesome little word set full of holiday sentiments. I used the narrow banner from First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics to cut out the Kraft strip, then I added a Whip Cream Button tied with linen thread. This card is definitely simple enough to mass produce.

Here are the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC83. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Very cute and country! Love the colours!

Shari said...

Hi Karen, another post today wow you are a busy little lady! This Christmas card is just wonderful! Plain but GORGEOUS!!! Love the colours and textures that you added! This card is a perfect use of the wonderful sketch!

Hugs;
Shari

scrappingnana said...

Great Christmas card. Love the country feel and the papers and burlap circle. TFS

Danni said...

How pretty!!

Queen Mary said...

VERY clever use of the sketch! Thanks for sharing it.

Michele Boyer said...

You go, girl, on those Christmas cards!! :) (I haven't made one since the last time I "had to.") LOVE that burlap circle with the star!! :)

Tonya said...

Again, beautiful colors. I love the stars and stitching.

Anonymous said...

Ok, shut up....this one is wicked!!!

Jodi Collins said...

Absolutely, totally and utterly FABULOUS!