Sunday, April 22, 2012

You Warm My Heart

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC157.

I used Baby It's Cold Outside from MFT. This is an older winter themed Who's That Girl? set but I still love it! And that means this card makes #15 for Project Christmas 2012.


I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured most of it with copic markers. I paper pieced her coat with one of the patterns from the Crate Paper Peppermint collection. I added three tiny black rhinestones for the snowman's buttons and some white liquid appliqué on her boots.

I used the let it snowflake Die-namics to cut out the snowflake accent and the fishtail flags STAX Die-namics were perfect for the two flag accents. The pink and red colour combo was pulled right from the patterned paper, so I used pink lemonade and wild cherry for the layers along with black licorice for a pop under the image.

I hope you play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé (she's off this week)
Tarynne Wise <-----superstar guest designer
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

LOVE that stamp!!! One of my fave and one of my firsts from MFT!!! Your card is awesome!! Thanks for the reminder about some of the older sets. Think I'll dig deep in my drawers for one today!

Karen Giron said...

I love this set too! Love the pink, white and red together and the pop of black is amazing. Love it!!

Vicki Burdick said...

So sweet, love that image and the paper you pieced the coat and boots is sooooo cute!!! Love this!! Happy Sunday my sweet friend!!

Dana White said...

You are keeping up with your Christmas cards! Her paper pieced jacket is fabulous.

Lynn Put said...

Such a sweet card Karen! Love the pink and red color combo up against the white embossed panel and your paper piecing is fantastic!

Crafty Cath said...

I'm so jealous...your holiday card stash is growing and they are so darn awesome! The swiss dot embossed background looks like snowballs...a perfect setting! And the paper pieced coat and booties are so stylish.

Lisa H. said...

soooo FAB! Karen. looove the reds and pinks. what a great sketch...you rocked it!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Very cute card! I love that pp! it made the most darling coat and boots. TFS and have a wonderful week.

Jill Norwood said...

Love this!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love this!! Great sketch, colors and paper piecing!! Did you use an embossing panel on the white?