Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ski Chick {MFTWSC45}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 45.

Have you started working on your holiday cards yet? Well, if you haven't, tick tock...there's only six and a half weeks til Christmas day! This card makes #35 for my Project Christmas 2011. I'd better pick up the pace a little (or revise my mailing list! LOL!!).

I used the new Pure Innocence Ski Girl because she's so freaking adorable!!! The skis are a separate image so I did a little masking to get them 'behind' her. She's paper pieced with patterns from the My Mind's Eye Be Merry 6x6 pad and coloured with copics.

Surprisingly, I didn't change a thing about this sketch, and even used the tag you're it die-namic (which you can now purchase without the stamp set) for the focal point. The new icicle border die-namic was perfect for the top strip, especially with a little Stickles along the bottom edge to make the icicles shimmer. The polka dot strips were cut out using my simply scallops medium die-namic and I added a snowflake accent with the medium size of the let it snowflake die-namics.

The inside is super simple with the sentiment and two of the other images in this set.

Here are all the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC45. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

Angel said...

adorable! love blue and red for Christmas cards!

Jenny said...

Adorable - love the skit outfit she's got going on :)

Dana White said...

As I said on the phone - SHE IS STINKING CUTE!! OMG love the squiggle around the tag. is this going to be you in the new year?!

Queen Mary said...

Karen, VERY cute! Love the inside!

Danni said...

How super cute!! Made me smile, just so fun!

Colleen Begley said...

Super, super cute Karen! I just got this set in the mail yesterday and am planning some Christmas cards with her as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Karen!! This is GORGEOUS!! Love the paper piecing!!! Great colors!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Anonymous said...

Could this be any cuter, I think not!!!!

Sarah Gough said...

oh this is adorable, love the masking!

Michele Boyer said...

Love your piecing! So cute!

Jodi Collins said...

SO gorgeous girlie!! STUNNING coloring and I LOVE the papers you used!! GORGEOUS!

Janet said...

very cute card!! i am at 25 cards...sigh...for once you are doing better than me!! lol
hugs