Monday, June 13, 2011

Hi, Sweetness

Card Positioning Systems has great weekly sketches and MFT is sponsoring this week's sketch, CPS222

I used Pure Innocence-Lily of the Valley for my card today. I remember growing up we had a BIG patch of lily of the valley flowers in our front yard and I would always pick a giant bouquet for my mom. The delicate little bell flowers are so small in comparison to the huge leaves, and they have such a wonderful fragrance.

I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured her with copic markers. I did a "Jodi" frame around the image and added three purple Twinkles for a little bling. 

The patterned paper is all from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky paper pad and I paired it with rich razzleberry from SU. I used my scallop ribbon border die-namic for the center strip but it wasn't quite as wide as I wanted so I cut it in half lengthwise then adhered it to the top and bottom edges of the striped paper. 

I hope you'll find some time to play along this week...you know whenever MFT is involved there's a fabulous prize!!! You'll find all the details over on the CPS blog

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

16 comments:

Sarah Gough said...

Your skin blending blows me away Karen (that is SUCH a weird sentence!) it's just gorgeous!

Vicki B. said...

Totally sweet!!! Love this and your coloring is awesome!!!

Leslie said...

Do you know I was "thisclose" to using this image for your birthday card!!! THISCLOSE!!! Gorgeous card and that bow? Seriously, I have to watch you again!!

Barb said...

I LOVE your choice of colors and the sketch! Absolutely precious!

Dana White said...

she is cute, love her paper pieced dress & the bow is perfect

Staying Crafty said...

This is adorable :)

Danni said...

Love this!! The colors are so pretty!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is beautiful Karen! What a wonderful sketch! I'm going to have to give it a try! I LOVE these papers too! Hope that you have a very Happy Birthday Karen! :D

Christine Blain said...

LOVE her little dress, LOVE that bow .... an all-round gorgeous card, Karen!

Donna said...

this is so cute! great sketch

Emily said...

Love this card, Karen! Great choice of paper and wonderful job of coloring with the copics:))

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

GORGEOUS card girlie! I am LOVING the papers and the PI you used, and of course, though it goes without saying, your coloring is spot on! Your "Jodi" frame (giggle) is perfect too!!!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Ahh, super sweet image and gorgeous card, Motzabella! :)

Lovely as always! :)

Brenda said...

I love-love-love your choice of colors!!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!! Also thank you so much for sharing the colors of Copics that you used.

Jessie/knightrone said...

So fabulous!!

texasjodylynn said...

So pretty. I love her dress.