Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sweet Sunday Penguins

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC107.

I decided to add to my Project Christmas 2011 cards...this is card #8. I used the fun Penguin Pals set from Taylored Expressions and paired it with the shimmery snowflake paper from Doodlebug's Winter Time collection.

The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured with copics. I added pink and blue sparkle with my Spica glitter pens then puffed up some liquid applique for his hat. I cut the blue scallop with my small scalloped border die and tied some cheery green polka dot ribbon. You may notice my card is less embellished than my other cards. Well that's because I fought with those little squares to get them just the right size, and when I was done fighting I didn't have the energy left to do too much embellishing. Although, the bright side is this card is quite flat for mailing.  :-)

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around for more inspiration from the Sweet Sunday girls.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Super cute penguins! Loving the little hats and your fab colo(u)ring. So happy those little squares didn't do you in, haha!

chris said...

so sweet and gorgeous.

Leslie said...

Fighting over this card is just "wrong, wrong wrong"! It's super cute, bright and cheery. It's also a perfect Christmas card for today as we woke up to a winter wonderland!

Vicki Burdick said...

So sweet, I think the embellies are just right!! Love the added glitter, I need some of those pens!!! I love it!!

Dana White said...

Your card turned out fabulous even with all the fighting for the squares! We will have to try Jen's tip next time (I'm sure there will be a next time!!)

Colleen Begley said...

Karen, the time was well worth the final result because this is darn cute!!! One of the cheeriest Christmas cards ever.

Valerie said...

Really adorable card.

TFS, Valerie

Kim O'Connell said...

Preparing for Christmas already?!?! You organized people drive me crazy! However, this card is too stickin' cute....so you are excused. ;)

Margaret de Witt said...

Oh my word - these guys are adorable - I love penguins, too cute. And I love the sparkly on the hat Karen.

Ann Kranitz said...

Karen, Those cute penquins are perfect with this wimsical paper and ribbon!!! LOVE!!!!

dj1952 said...

Your card is so adorable. I love the colors. They make what might be a gloomy day (if you're tired of snow) and make it cheerful. Hugs, dj1952