Saturday, September 11, 2010

Celebrate the Journey

This week my flight instructor asked if I would make a card for a friend of his who just got his private pilot  licence...definitely! I love it when my card-making has a purpose!

I knew I had to use a plane on the card so I hunted through my stash of stamps and pulled out Going Places from MFT. I love the plane paired with the skyline and the sentiment which is absolutely perfect for this person because as I understand it, he's been working on his pilot's licence for a few years now in his spare time. I used the Mojo155 sketch for the layout.

The blue polka dot paper is from the Bitty Dots collection by Papertrey Inc and I embossed it for a little texture. I used Papertrey's small cloud die on white felt then added the row of stars with MFT's star border Die-namics. The sheet music may seem like it's out of place, but it has the purpose of personalizing the card because the recipient is a pianist.

I had an amazing cross-country flight yesterday...island hopping from Martha's Vineyard to Nantucket, to Cape Cod then back to my home base of Norwood. That was my longest solo flight to date and it was a blast!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The card rocks ho! The city skyline is perfect! Glad to hear the lessons are going well, soon, you will by flying the big jets!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is fabulous! Love the mix of colors and patterns! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Janet said...

wow how amazing, the card and the flight!! you go girl!

Leslie said...

That is a great card and I really mean that!! Love the matching airplane sheet music - perfect! The recipient will love it! And look at you, "Ms Top Gun" flying all by yourself now!!!

Sonia said...

That's an awesome card Karen! Way to go on the long solo flight!

I have fond memories of a flight with our pilot friend in a rented cessna.

Ida said...

Super fun and cute. Love this!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the island hopping flights, sounds like a great day! Can't wait to catch up... I'll email you to find a time we're both around!


Congratulations, your card is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!

Peggy said...

WOWZA!! What a darling card! He is going to love it! Congrats on your solo flight!