Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sending Hugs

I made this card on the weekend and sent it to my bud Jodi after hearing that they had to put their dog down...SO sad! I knew she'd be needing some hugs and I thought this card just might brighten her day a little. I used Cindy Haffner's Dare to Get Dirty sketch for the layout.

I started by stamping Huggy Bellas with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colouring it with copics. I used my circle Nestabilities to cut them out then I pierced all around, 'cause I was making it for Jodi and she's the queen of piercing!

The patterned papers are My Mind's Eye Dazzled and I stitched around the squares to secure them in place. The sentiment is also from Stamping Bella, then I added some ribbon from my stash and five pumpkin Glitter Dots to balance the bow.

Stamping Bella is releasing new images today and Em will be posting them on Bloggabella, so be sure to pop over and have a peek and maybe do a little shopping too while you're there! AND...there's FREE SHIPPING until August 5th...use code "julyfs".

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

What a good friend you are!! I know Jodi will LOVE this!! Great card, Karen!

Leslie said...

So bright and cheery - I'm sure it will make Jodi feel a bit better!

Emily said...

This card would brighten anyone's day Karen! It nearly jumped out of the computer at me when I saw it in my dashboard window. Love the colors and that fab layout:))
A sad reason to have to make a card though. I've been there a couple of times in my life and it's never easy to say goodbye to a furry friend.

Ann Kranitz said...

Aww Karen, I am sure she will just love this. So bright and cheery

Norine said...

what a fun card love it
Hugs
Norine