Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's Been a While...

Really, it HAS been a while since I gave my MFT stamps a little lovin' so that's what I reached for last night when I sat down to stamp. The Call Me set was screaming out to be inked and I couldn't resist because the sentiment is just so appropriate! 
I reached for my April Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions for all the paper and ribbon on this card. I LOVE the Key Ingredients...everything is already coordinated so it makes it super easy to whip up a card. The April Key Ingredients is no longer available at TE, BUT Taylor's put some of the other Key Ingredients on sale AND if you sign up for the 6 month Key Ingredients Subscription service before June 25th (which I highly recommend) you'll get a bonus grab bag of awesome TE products! Did I tell you I LOVE my Key Ingredients?!? LOL!

Ok, on to the card...I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream from the April KI, then I stamped it again onto the flower patterned paper so I could paper piece the wall. The rest of the image is coloured with copics and I popped the telephone for dimension. I created the wood floor by simply using three shades of brown and colouring in horizontal lines. Then I used my black multiliner pen and a ruler to add the lines...easy peasy!

I sewed around the base layers and the polka dot strip. I left the background plain and simple for a change...no Cuttlebug folder. I like it! The ribbon is also from the April KI then I added a couple of Primas and a pink brad from my stash. I was impressed with myself for pulling this card together so quickly last night!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

Leslie said...

It HAS been a while since we talked!! :) Those Key Ingredient kits rock and I love your hardwood floor!

Dana White said...

I guess I won't be getting this card since it's never "been awhile" between calls! Love those key ingredients

Margaret de Witt said...

Great card Karen. I love MFT stamps and your card really pulled together nicely.

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE how colorful this card is!!...and your coloring ROCKS, as always. :)

Jody Morrow said...

Adorable card and your wood flooring is awesome. Glad you picked up MFT! :) I miss seeing your awesome creations with MFT!

pat said...

OMG!! love this card!

Janet said...

what a fantastic card!! love the wall paper! hee hee
hugs

Emily said...

Love, love, love this Karen! What a great job of paper piecing that wallpaper background and the floor! I had to laugh when I read that you resisted using a CB on the background paper! That is becoming so hard for me to do these days:)) I just bought a couple of sets from the Bubble Bin last week. One is the Christmas one with the martini glass and I'm itching to get it on paper. I have a sister who loves martini's and I know she'll adore a card with this set. Could it be that another Xmas card is on it's way to being created??? Two before July??? Stay tuned!

Unknown said...

This is so great Karen! So cheery!

Cheryl said...

Awesome job....love the color combo, and that stamp is fabulous!