Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pretty Eloise

I was in the mood for bright and happy colours when I made this card so I reached for my Bella Blvd. paper...I love the mix of colours in the Swing Into Spring line. The layout is SC224 from Splitcoast. 

I stamped the Stamping Bella image, Eloise Greengrass, once onto white then again onto the pink and yellow patterned papers. Her skirt is paper pieced with the two patterned papers and the rest of her is coloured with copics. I added some Glamour Dust glitter to her wings for some sparkle. 

I love to set offset bright colours with black, so I've layered both the image and the two strips of patterned paper with black. The ribbon is a perfect match for the blue in the paper...it's from the Paper Source, called Pool. 

This was a super quick card to whip up, mostly thanks to the great layout. And I kept the details simple too...no piercing or sewing...shocking, I know! I keep thinking I want to go back and add some piercing but I'm going to leave it just the way it is. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

SueB said...

LOVIN' this cute card and the paper piecing that went into it - TFS!

Denise Marzec said...

OMG, this looks awesome, Karen! Love the look of the paper piecing and that yummy ribbon!

leanne said...

Wow! Karen this card is beautiful! I love the colors and all the paper piecing. Great job!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Karen, I LOVE your card!!! You have pushed me over the edge...now I HAVE to get me some of these stamps!! Love it...and LOVE your coloring!!

Hugs,
Laurie

Leslie said...

What a super sweet card. I love the bright "springy" colours!

Janet said...

i love it!! the colours are so happy:)
hugs

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous, fun and colourful - gorgeous
xXx

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow Karen, great paper piecing!! I am in love with this bright and happy paper!!! HUGS!!

jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

this is so cute! love love love the paper piecing!

Donna said...

This is adorable, Karen. The paper piecing is terrific with those papers. I think I'll have to pick up a few more Bella stamps in the next couple of weeks.

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Karen..thanks for the email..I have never seen a card on your blog that wasnt AWESOME! I truly am amazed at your work...thanks for sharing all...BTW..love these new stamps..hmmm ..u mite have just enabled me... :)

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE this Karen! How adorable ... the paper piecing is perfect and I love that glitter!