Sunday, September 22, 2013

Thank you

I was surfing around this weekend looking for some inspiration to get my mojo flowing and I found a new-to-me challenge blog, CASE Study Challenge Blog. The sample for CASE Study 158 is so pretty so I decided to give it a whirl. I ended up loving the layout and ran with it.

I came up with this fun teacher card using supplies from My Favorite Things. This is another card I'll give to my sister-in-law for my nephews' teachers.


I started with a Primitive White card base then added a layer of Wild Cherry and a layer of Kraft. I used the fun Red Delicious Die-namics to cut out the Wild Cherry apple then I stamped it with Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink using the Plaid Builder. I'm not even a huge fan of plaid but I can't believe how often I reach for that set. It's a definite must if you don't already own it!! The stem was cut from Kraft and the leaves from Jellybean Green. I mounted the apple on foam tape for dimension.

I had fun creating the notebook paper by first stamping it with the lines from Journal It - Head of the Class using Kraft Premium Dye Ink. Then I added the sentiment from Just my Type stamped with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. Lastly I ran it through my Vagabond with the Notebook Edge Die-namics to cut off the top.

On the inside I stamped a sentiment from Sending Thanks then I added the A+ from Document It - School Days using Wild Cherry Premium Dye Ink.

Have a wonderful week!

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

wendy said...

WOW ...love the apple and the paper tear ...fab!

Maureen Merritt said...

LOVE the torn paper!!!! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Jean Martin said...

Fabulous teacher card! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study! :)